- 12-gauge carbon steel (almost 1/8" thick) - zinc coated to prevent rusting and corrosion
- Each fastener measures 1-3/16" x 5/8" x 12 gauge (~1/8") thick
- Reduce Wood Splitting - Securely fastens wooden table surface to it's rails, while providing a pivot point to accommodate seasonal wood movement
- Countersunk holes on opposite sides to keep screw heads flush, designed for #6 flat head screws (sold separately)
- Endless Uses - Table tops, desk tops, cabinet fronts, drawer fronts or arts and crafts
Figure 8 Table / Desk Top Fastener
12-gauge steel fastener easily and securely connects table tops or desk tops to their apron. Using a 11/16” (or 5/8" will work in a pinch) spade or forstner bit, simply bore a shallow hole in the rail or apron of your project, so the fastener top sits flush with the top of rail.
Attach the fastener with a #6 screw (sold separately) into the apron, then secure the wooden top surface with another #6 screw. Simple chisel work near the shallow boring may be necessary to ensure a proper bedding and free lateral movement of the fastener.
Fasteners are countersunk on opposite sides to keep screw heads flush. It's important to secure screws to a snug fit, but do not over tighten to allow for seasonal wood movement.
Available in package quantities of 10, 20, 30 or 50.